I started out the month taking on a major project. NaNoWriMo is Nation Novel Writer's Month. It is where bunch of writers get together electronically and challenge/encourage each other to write 50,000 words of a manuscript to a new novel. It seemed sort of a crazy thing to do because A. I haven't finished editing my previous manuscript and B. I have 4 minions. Still, I did it. Guess what? I have 48,903 words of a new novel so-Yay Me and all.
About 3 days into NaNoWriMo, my wonderful friend Brandy approached me with an idea for another project. It's a fabulous one about which I am crazy excited. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag without her say so but I will say it involves TONS of writing and one of my deepest passions. It was something I had thought about doing off and on but was lacking some serious technical know how to pull it off. Turns out, I was also missing Brandy who's ideas and enthusiasm have made this project far bigger than anything I would have dreamed up on my own.
So that's where I have been and why this poor blog has been sorely neglected. So, without further ado, here's a list of the top 5 utterly goofy things the minions have done this week:
- Isaac is taking but another spin at his life as a nudist. He strips out of his clothes and, occasionally, "waters" the world around him. His latest spin on this is to add some odd piece of clothing in a new way. Last night, he I found him totally naked except for socks on his arms. We have also had naked except for each of the following: shoes, shoes on his head, a fireman's hat, a shirt fashioned as a makeshift skirt, a bucket on his head, a blanket toga. I have tried onesies, footie pajamas, snapping pajamas, and backward pajamas. What can I say? He's the Harry Houdini of nakedness and short of hot glue and staples, I'm out of ideas--got some? Please comment below.
- Mylie pulled out a rousing, if impromptu, performance of Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger" at the grocery this week. And, yes, she included moves that were alarmingly "like Jagger's." I wasn't quite sure whether to hold up a Bic or crawl under the check out because her performance drew quite an audience. Yep, a packed pre-Thanksgiving crowd all questioning my parenting choices--NICE. Oh well, add thankful that Conner wasn't there to follow with "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones to my "thankful for" list.
- Conner came home and reported that his teacher said to tell me his teacher to get well soon (I had either an evil cold or the flu.) This filled me with terror as he had become obsessed with my Netti Pot but couldn't remember it's whole name. I was convinced he had, as I worried about on FB, announced at school that I was sick and using my "pot" to feel better. I actually texted his teacher just to check, she thought it was hysterical. By the way, she had sent me no message and Conner had said nothing about my being sick at school. Awesome!!!
- Laura-Elizabeth asked what testicles were--we actually have had these sorts of discussions, she must have forgotten and, might I add, the definition was more difficult now that the dog is neutered-just saying.
- I went to a movie with friends last Friday and the kids had to go to bed before I got home. By 5 am, every last one of them had come to tell me how desperately they'd missed me in the hour and a half between when I left and they went to bed. Don't get me wrong, I adore that my children love me, but let's face it--I adore it a LOT more after 5:00 am on a Saturday!
So, never fear, all of us are alive, well and still crazy after all these years.